Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Where am I now?

Hello all, I am currently in Des Moines, Iowa but let me back up and tell you about our journey here! Before I begin I would like to know if any one is actually reading this. I was so hoping to get at least a hello for the ladies I am writing this for (you know who you are) and have sadly not gotten anything :( is any one out there? Last I posted we were in cheyanne, WYoming. We left. Early in the morning and headed for Ogallala, Nebraska. It was only about 170 miles and it was a nice break from the car! We were going to a dinner show that started at 6 and got there pretty early so we checked out the town. It was very small but they had a beautiful lake called Lake McConaughy. There are cute little cabins that I would love to stay in. The land was also very beautiful. There would be fields of gold wheat right next to really dark green grass. I,m mad at myself that I didn't get a picture of this because it was truly amazing! After our look around the town we went to a steak house for dinner and I had the best steak ever! This was at this really cute complex that they made look old fashioned like we were visiting a saloon. After our dinner there was a mock gun fight outside between the cowboys and then we were entertained by a saloon show complete with the high-kicking saloon girls. It was a really cute show put on by some high school and college students. It was a comedy/history/dance/singing show filled with some clever adult humor. After the show I got to Experience my first Midwest lightning storm! It looked like a crazy light show in the sky. At first I was a little scared but then it was actually really cool to watch. Our hotel was about an hour away so we were driving in it for a while. Earlier in the day we had gotten a call from hot-wire (which is who we have been booking our hotels through) explaining that they had overbooked our room and that they were going to relocate us to another hotel and just cover the difference. We decided that would be fine as long as we had two beds and a nonsmoking room like we asked. So when we arrived to the Howard Johnson hotel at 10pm that night we were very shocked to be given keys to not only a smelly, smoking room but also a room that had a hole in the bathroom with a hissing noise coming out of it! Tracy tried to get another room but they rudly told her they were all sold out. We couldn't stay there so we left without Tracy getting her money back, it was that bad! We ended up finding out that there were concerts in town that nigh so every hotel was sold out. So, we got back in the car and drove another hour until we finally found a hotel with a room, which we actually got the last room. I think many people stopped for the night because of the storm. The next morning we headed to Iowa! Love, Stevie (I actually started this post a couple of days ago and am behind but will try to catch up soon!)

2 comments:

Making a Difference said...

Stevie, I am reading!! Sorry I haven't commented yet. I love to read about it, because you have been driving through some of the area we drove through last summer. Also, we were just in Florida, so I bet you'll cross the path we took. Sounds like you are having a lot of fun and seeing amazing places!

Baby Nurse said...

Hey Stevie! Sounds like you are in my old stopping grounds! So how do you like Iowa?? Pretty flat, huh : ) Des Moines is like 3 hours away from Davenport where we lived! Super close : ) Love you girl, drive safe! P.S. I loved the storms there too!