Friday, June 22, 2012

My travels....

Hello All,

I have meant to update this the last couple of days but have had some internet issues! We left Boise on Tuesday, drove around 340 miles to Salt Lake City area. We actually stayed outside of the area in a town called Layton. It was a pretty quick stop so I am sad to say that I really didn't see too much! The drive was really pretty and I did get a glimpse of the Great Salt Lake!

The next morning we left around 10 and drove around 440 miles to Cheyanne, Wyoming which is where we currently are. The drive felt a lot longer that the drive to Salt Lake City and I think it was mainly because the land was more flat and less to look at. I did see many deer though and we kept finding letters put in the side of moutains to represent different towns so it became a game for us to find them and try to make up words from the letters we found (cheap entertainment huh!). Once we got to the hotel last night I was really exhausted!! I think I ended up in bed around 8pm. We decided to take it a little slower the next few days and actually take in some sites so it will be good to be able to relax (out of the car!) a little more. So, my next couple of post should be a little more exciting! My dad has also given me his Ipad so I am hoping I will be able to post some pictures, but I just have to figure out how to do that! =)

Love,
Stevie

p.s. I forgot to mention that there is a beauty pagent here at the hotel so there are many adorable little girls running around in these fancy dresses! It is a little crazy to see what some of them are wearing though (some things I would NEVER wear!) and the families that are with them. If you have ever seen the show on TV about the pagent kids (I cant remember the name!) but it is similar to that!

No comments: