Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Girl's Weekend

This last weekend I spent in Cle Elum with a few co-workers from school. Emily's parents have a vacation home there and she was kind enough to invite 5 more of us. We left after school on Friday and headed east. It was such a fun weekend. We drank a lot of wine, went snow shoeing, ice-skating, swimming at a pool with water slides and hot tubs, and did lots of relaxing and chatting. The house we stayed in was gorgeous, and the area there was by Suncadia and was amazing. We even saw many deer and elk. I would love for us girls to do something fun like this sometime soon!
My aunt has been moved to a nursing home. She started Chemo on Monday and was there for 5 hours!!! I can't even imagine! My dad has been in town the last couple of weeks but is returning home for a couple of days. I know my aunt is concerned to be alone so much and I wish I could be there with her more, but of course I have to work. My dad also informed me that they are planning to move to Florida soon. Just surprises me that he wants to move so far away from us and especially Hannah, but that's just my opinion. Can you tell I'm a little bitter about this! =) Just a quick update for you all. I hope everyone is doing well and I hope to talk/see everyone soon!
love,
Stevie

1 comment:

Making a Difference said...

I'm sorry to hear about your dad moving, that is very far :(. At least it will be a fun place to visit. Also, I'm sorry to hear that your aunt has had to move to a nursing home. I hope that the chemo doesn't wear her out too much. I can't imagine either.

Your girls' weekend sounds like it was a ton of fun, I've been wanting to go snowshoeing, so yes we should do it sometime. You can always come visit me for the weekend too if you want to get out of town.