Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Youth

So today I went to costco with a friend and I had to return a jacket. So I go up to the lady and she is looking at my costco card and proceeds to say, "Are you really 18!" So i'm slightly confused thinking maybe she was wondering if I needed to be in school or something, but the reason she was asking was because you have to be 18 to have a card apparently! So I tell her that actually I am 24 and she totally did not believe me. My friend Laura who I was with is always mistaken for a younger age (she teachers 6th grade too) and she thought that she and I looked like we were 17! I told her that acutally we were both 6th grade teachers and she asked what school so I told her. I still don't think she believes me but whatever. I guess this will be a great attribute to have when i'm older and truely want to look younger!
I'm being observed on Friday...wish me luck!

2 comments:

Nurse Neagle said...

When I went to Hawaii a lady there thought I looked 12. I was 20, a week away from being 21, at the time. People can be ridiculous about it. How many people lie and cheat to get a Costco card? (saying they are 18 when really they are not?) Some people are weird.

Kayleen said...

yeah 18 year old Stevie! I remember that wild and crazy girl :) Could you have shown the lady your staff id? Or you probably don't carry that around with you. Anyway, it's really not a bad thing if people think your young looking, as long as they don't deny you whatever your doing. We have a friend who was almost turned away at this dance place because you had to be 18 and they thought he had a fake id (which of course, he didn't) so that would get a little annoying I would imagine.